Sunday, December 2, 2018

Mercedes Benz 'Biome'

Today I introduce concept car 3D modeling, which I felt very fresh in my life.


Mercedes-Benz Biome.
3D modeling with Solidworks 2016, rendered with keyshot 6.
The Biome is the Mercedes Benz 2010 Concept Car, Lee Il Hwan, a Korean designer, took charge.




These are the pictures that I refer to when I made 3D modeling.

There was a lot of unfamiliar parts in the concept car.

So it took some time to collect information.

Fortunately, asphalt 8 included a Biome in a racing game, so I was able to understand the shape smoothly.





This 3D model has three representative Characteristic.

First, because the theme is natural, it is a curvy design. That's why I was able to learn more about Solidworks 3D sketching.

However, it is difficult to fully describe the bend. Therefore, there is a slight difference from the original Biome model.





In addition to the curved shape, the shape of the wheel was also fresh.

This is the second feature.

The design of the wheel is the shape of the bell.
I think this is very attractive.

Unfortunately, it is said that it can not actually be driven.


The third feature is the Gull wing Body.

Designer Lee il Hwan came up with a way to move the entire body, not the door, in the Gull wing Door way.

So it was hard to model.

Because the body moves, the rear bumper and the wheels come into contact ...
I think it takes a long time to fix this.
I have no choice so, I was forced to go ahead.



If you remove the body, you will get some unexpected shape.

It is like the bone of a creature.

At first it seemed too difficult to express. So I tried not to work.

However, I thought that I had to create an internal frame as well as a body.

It was difficult ...



Rendering pictures.





Finally, animation, rendering video.



The video below is a 32x image of the production process.
 It is a video that lacks the workability somewhat.





If you have any questions or comments, please leave a comment :)


Mercedes-Benz 'Biome' files are available for purchase in the following domains:

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment